What To Give the Nanny as a Year-end Bonus:
- The most popular holiday gift for nannies is a Christmas bonus of one week's pay.
- 97% of parents surveyed give their nanny a Christmas bonus or gift.
- Popular nanny gifts and babysitter gifts include: gift cards to a favorite retailer or restaurant, spa items or as gift card for spa services, scarves, other handmade items, a framed photo of the kids, candles, gourmet foods such as baked goods or chocolates and fine teas.
What To Get Babysitters for Christmas:
- Three out of four parents surveyed give their babysitter gifts or a year-end bonus for Christmas.
- Of the parents who give cash, 17% give less than $25, 39% give $25-75, and 44% give over $75.
- The average gift in San Francisco is over $75; in New York it is over $100.
How much do you tip your babysitter or nanny?