Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Stand Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Yield: 6 servings; 2 halves each
- 1/2 cup uncooked quick-cooking brown rice
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 3 cups Prego® Heart Smart Traditional Italian Sauce
- 6 medium green peppers
- 4 ounces shredded fat-free mozzarella cheese (about 1 cup)
- Cook the rice without salt or butter according to the package directions.
- Cook the beef in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until it's well browned, stirring often to break up the meat. Pour off any fat. Stir 2 cups of the sauce and the rice in the skillet.
- Cut each pepper in half lengthwise. Discard the seeds and white membranes. Place the pepper shells in a 17 x 11-inch roasting pan.
- Spoon the beef mixture into the pepper shells. Pour the remaining sauce over the filled peppers. Cover the dish.
- Bake at 400° F. for 45 minutes or until the peppers are tender. Top with the cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Nutrition per Serving: Calories: 251 Fat: 6g Fiber: 6g Protein: 24g Sodium: 643mg