By Amanda Rock, About.com Guide
- Preschool Readiness
- Finding the Right Preschool
- Preschool Success Strategies
- Intellectual Growth
- Life Lessons
Is your little one ready to start preschool? Age is a factor, but so is your child's social, physical and emotional development.
- Is Your Child Ready to Start Preschool?
- Lessons Your Child Needs to Know Before Preschool Starts
- Counting Down to Preschool
Finding the Right Preschool
Choosing the right preschool for your child is a process that requires a lot of thought, time and energy. Learn how to evaluate the various educational philosophies and find an environment that is comfortable and nurturing.
- How to Choose the Best Preschool for Your Child
- Universal Pre-K
- Head Start
- Bank Street Method
- The Goddard School
- High/Scope Method
- Montessori Programs
- Reggio Emilia Approach
- Waldorf Method
- What is an Accredited Preschool?
- What is a Licensed Preschool?
- Who is Responsible for Accrediting Preschools?
Preschool Success Strategies
Whether your child is starting preschool for the first time or returning for another year, tips and tricks to make the transition from home to school go smoothly.
- Ensuring Academic Success Preschool and Beyond
- How to Help YOur Child Transition to Preschool
- 9 Great Starting Preschool Books
- Preparing for the First Day of School
- The Night Before the First Day of Preschool
- Helping Your Child Have a Great First Day of Preschool
- What Your Child Should Bring to Preschool
- What Your Child Shouldn't Bring to Preschool
- Top Preschool School Supplies
- Helping a Child Adjust to Preschool
- Managing Preschool Separation Anxiety
- How to Be a Great Class Parent
- Should I Move My Child to a New Classroom?
- Preschool Snack Ideas
Early learning activities designed to promote learning and fun.
- Math Made Easy: Preschool Math Activities
- Word Play: Preschool Vocabulary Activities
- Science Activities for Preschoolers
- Preschool Music Activities
- How to Teach Your Preschooler Using Sesame Street
Academics are important for sure, but so are practical lessons that you can only get from living life. How to teach your preschooler the basics.
- Teach Your Child How to Share
- Teaching the Days of the Week
- Restaurant Manners for Young Children
- Getting Your Preschooler to Clean Up
- Telephone Manners for Preschoolers