By Amanda Rock
Why your little one behaves the way he does and how you can effectively deal with it.
- Dealing with a Preschool Bully
- Why Does My Child Keep Interrupting Me?
- Preventing Temper Tantrums
- Dealing with a Tattletale
- Why Kids Tease
- Why Preschoolers Lie
- Teach a Preschooler to Stop Hitting
- How to Handle a Bossy Child
- What to Do When a Child Bites
- What to Do When Your Child is Afraid of the Doctor
Got a Bossy Bessy on your hands? Tired of the tantrums? Wondering if time-out really works? Learn the about the most effective disclipline techniques.
- Discipline Techniques for Young Children
- Are Time-Outs Effective?
- Does Spanking a Child Work?
- How to Handle a Temper Tantrum
- How to Stop Sibling Squabbles
- How to Set a Bedtime Routine
- Parenting an Oppositional Child
- Teaching the Interrupt Rule
Is she eating enough? When do I know if she needs to go to the doctor? Your preschooler from head to toe and everything in-between.
- Your 3-Year-Old: What You Need to Know
- Your 4-Year-Old: What You Need to Know
- Your 5-Year-Old: What You Need to Know
- Getting Kids to Take Medicine
- Helping Kids Get Through Immunizations
- Prepare for the First Dental Visit
- Dental Care for Preschoolers
- Keep Your Child Healthy During Cold and Flu Season
From feeding a picky eater to kid-friendly recipes, all you need for proper preschool nutrition.
- Superfoods for Kids
- Kids Snacks They'll Love
- Getting Preschoolers to Eat Nutritious Meals
- Mia Hamm and the Importance of Whole Grains
- Increasing Vitamin D in Your Preschooler's Diet
- Surviving the Picky Eating Stage
- How to Get Kids to Eat Vegetables
- What You Need to Know About the USDA "MyPlate"
- Ideas for School Snacks
- 10 Ways to Feed a Picky Eater
- Restaurant Manners for Young Children
Preschoolers might not naturally be the cleanest types on the planet but they can learn. How to encourage and teach personal hygiene to your little one.
- Self-Care Skills for Preschoolers
- Who Should Brush My Preschooler's Teeth?
- Teaching Kids How to Wash Hands
- Help! My Preschooler Won't Stop Nose Picking!
When is the right time to switch from a crib to a bed? When can my preschooler dress herself? Learn about the timetable for important milestones.
- Preschooler Self-Care Milestones
- Learning to Get Dressed
- Changing from a Crib to a Bed
- Teaching Your Preschooler Table Manners
- Why Chores are Important
- Leaving Your Preschooler with a Babysitter
- Becoming a Big Sibling
- Helping Your Child Use "Nice" Words -- Please and Thank You
- How to Get Rid of the Pacifier
Is your preschooler ready to say goodbye to diapers? How to know when to start potty training and the best ways to cope during the process.
- When to Start Potty Training
- How to Start Potty Training
- Solving Potty Training Problems
- How to Potty Train a Boy (Teach a Boy to Pee Standing Up)
- Potty Training Aids
- Potty Training Books
- How to Handle Accidents
- Potty Training Tips from Celebrity Mom Alyson Hannigan
- Prevent Bedwetting
Whether you are on the road or at home, how to always keep your preschool safe.
- When to Switch to a Booster Seat
- School Bus Safety
- Car Seat Guidelines
- Winter Home Fire and Safety Tips
- Cold Weather Safety Tips
- Fire Safety Tips for Kids
- Keep Kids Safe While Shopping and Traveling
- Playground Safety
- Should My Child Have Swimming Lessons?
- Teach Your Child to Dial 9-1-1
- How to Make a First Aid Kit
If your preschooler isn't sleeping, chances are you aren't either. How to help everyone in your house catch some zzzzs.
- Sleep Solutions for Your Preschooler
- How to Establish a Bedtime Routine
- Dealing with Nightmares and Night Terrors
- Bedtime Books
- Sleep Products for Little Ones
- Say Goodbye to the Family Bed
- Why Sleep is Essential for Young Children
- Transition from a Crib to a Bed
- When Should My Child Stop Napping?
The preschool years are when children make huge strides on a social level. They are learning how to interact -- with family members, new friends and the community around them.
- Encouraging a Child Who is Shy
- Build Your Child's Self Confidence
- Understanding Your Child's Imaginary Friend
- Help Your Child Make Friends
- Raising a Thankful Child
- Your Guide to Preschool Playdates
- Teach Your Child How to Share
- Restaurant Manners for Kids
- Teach Your Preschooler to "Go Green"