From the article: Helping Your Child Have a Great First Day of Preschool
What are your tried-and-true tips for helping your child have a great first day of school? Share Your Tips
what to expect??
- Im new at this but when school starts in august my son 4 years old will be goin to pre k...im a lik nervous bout leavin him there by hisself with people he dont know but his cousin will be goin to the same pre k so hopefully he adjusts easily
- —Guest angel
pushed myself not my kid
- I was ready to call it quits after my 2 1/2 year olds first day at a school setting. he cried and cried for about 45min , the next day the director said "mom go rest, let him settle"...I had to trust her judgement, this is what they do day in and day out. I stepped out and hung around the classroom he cried for about 15 min and then I didn't her his cries anymore. It probably to me longer to calm my nerves. I dd day goodbye but he didn't acknowledge my leaving so I will make sure we make eye contact and he understands mon is leaving and will be back. other than that good luck to you all. It really is worse on us!
- —Guest Cynthia
- This is my kids 2nd day @ school. Wish I had read this article before. I did all the mistakes like peeking into his class, taking him away from class today. But I wish the teachers just wouldn't bundle the kids into the classroom and shut the doors. It is easier to let them in the playgrounds and familiarise them with the surroundings before beginning class.
- —Guest Shanthi
First day of School Breakfast
- The first day of school really sets bthe tone for the year so start with a well balanced meal as in bacon eggs toast and jam pancakes. And drinks like orange or apple juice or milk.
- —Guest Helen
- My husband and I both took the morning off from work so we could bring our son to school. It was a very short day so after we all went to breakfast together to celebrate.
- —Guest Kate